Experience the Ultimate Shark Diving Adventure in Fiji with Coral Coast Divers
Are you ready for an adrenaline-pumping, heart-racing, and awe-inspiring encounter with the ocean's apex predators? Look no further than Coral Coast Divers, your premier destination for unforgettable shark diving experiences in the stunning waters of Fiji. Dive into the depths with us and discover a world where you come face-to-face with the ocean's most majestic and enigmatic creatures.
Why Choose Coral Coast Divers for Your Shark Diving Experience?
- Expertise and Safety: Our team of experienced diving professionals is dedicated to your safety and enjoyment. With a focus on responsible and ethical practices, we ensure that every shark diving adventure is a thrilling yet secure experience.
- Unparalleled Education: At Coral Coast Divers, we believe in the power of education. From our owners, to our dive masters and shark feeders, we always provide comprehensive pre-dive briefings, shedding light on the biology, behavior, and conservation efforts surrounding sharks. Gain a deeper understanding of these magnificent creatures and their role in our ecosystem.
- Conservation at Heart: We're not just about adventure; we're about conservation too. Join us in contributing to the preservation of these incredible marine species. By participating in our dives, you're directly supporting shark conservation initiatives and promoting sustainable practices.
- Professional dive guides and marine biologists.
- High-quality diving equipment and gear.
- Educational pre-dive briefings.
- Immersive underwater photography and videography services.
- Refreshments and snacks on board.
Plan Your Shark Diving Adventure Today!
Unleash your inner adventurer and be a part of something greater with Coral Coast Divers. Whether you're an experienced diver or a first-timer, our shark diving experiences cater to all skill levels. Join us in Fiji's pristine waters and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Book your shark diving adventure now and become an advocate for shark conservation while experiencing the thrill of a lifetime. Feel the rush, embrace the beauty, and discover the magic of the ocean with Coral Coast Divers.
Note: Our shark diving experiences adhere to strict ethical guidelines and are designed to promote responsible tourism and marine conservation. We prioritize the safety of both divers and marine life at all times.
Reserve Your Fiji Shark Dive Today!
Pick your date below to get started
Frequently Asked Questions About Fiji Shark Dives
Important Cautionary Note on Dive Procedures
We emphasize that our shark dive at Coral Coast Divers is not an exploratory type of dive. The safety and well-being of our guests are of paramount importance, and strict adherence to dive procedures is crucial for a safe and enjoyable experience.
Safety Precedes All Else
Dive procedures are designed to ensure the safety and security of every diver. Failure to follow these established procedures compromises the safety of yourself and others on the dive.
Adherence to Dive Procedures is Non-Negotiable
We want to emphasize that deviating from the dive plan or not following our procedures compromises the safety of the entire group. In the event of non-compliance with dive protocols, your dive will be ended abruptly, and you will be guided back to the boat. Participation in subsequent dives will not be allowed.
Our Uncompromising Commitment to Safety
While this policy may sound strict, it is our unwavering commitment to safety that governs these measures. We take this precautionary stance to ensure that every diver can enjoy a secure and enriching experience.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to our dive procedures. By doing so, we collectively contribute to a safe and enjoyable dive for all, promoting a memorable and rewarding adventure in the breathtaking waters of Fiji.
Fiji Shark Dive Procedure
1. Morning Gathering (7:30 AM)
Our shark diving adventure begins at Coral Coast Divers. Please gather at our shop at 7:30 AM, ready for an exciting day. Here, we ensure that your dive experience is not only memorable but also safe.
2. Preliminary Checks and Briefing
- Certification and Waivers: We will check your certification cards, ensuring that you meet the open water certification requirement. Guests will also need to read and sign waivers.
- Dive Equipment: Our team will assist you in going over your dive equipment, ensuring everything is in proper working order and comfortably fitted.
- Shark Behavior and Conservation Session: Participate in an informative session on shark behavior, tendencies, and an overview of our conservation work in the Beqa Lagoon. Learn about the vital role we play in preserving this unique marine ecosystem.
- Dive Procedures and Boat Safety: We will comprehensively brief you on our dive procedures and the safety protocols we follow on our boats.
3. Boat Departure (Approx. 35 Minutes)
We'll then embark on an approximately 35-minute boat ride to our esteemed dive site, "The Colosseum."
4. Dive Site Briefing and Procedures Reiteration
Upon arriving at the dive site, we'll provide a thorough dive site briefing, reinforcing the dive plan and safe diving procedures.
5. First Dive (Feeding Dive)
- Descent: Our first dive takes you to the bottom of our dive site, which ranges from 18 to 20 meters in depth. You'll descend using one of the two mooring lines at our dive site.
- Shark Feeding Spectacle: As you reach the ocean floor, you'll kneel with your back to the wall behind you. Our experienced guides and shark feeders will commence hand feeding the sharks. The first dive typically features Bull sharks, reef sharks, nurse and lemon sharks. Guests remain stationary during the feeding, providing an up-close and incredible experience.
- Ascent and Safety Stop: After approximately 30 minutes of feeding, you'll ascend along the mooring line and complete a 5-minute safety stop on a designated safety line.
6. Surface Interval (1 Hour)
Back on board, you'll enjoy a 1-hour surface interval. We provide hot beverages, water, fruit, and cookies while our team changes your tanks for the second dive. During this time, we've suspended another bin of shark food, attracting even more sharks for the upcoming dive.
7. Second Dive (Free Feeding Dive)
- Descent, Ascent, and Dive Procedures: For the second dive, we follow similar procedures for entering the water and descending to the bottom as well as observing the shark feeding. However, this time, we don't hand feed the sharks as much; it's more of a free feeding experience where the bin is opened and the sharks enjoy on a first come first serve basis.
- Tiger Sharks: The second dive is a breathtaking display of apex predators. The scent of the suspended bin quite often attracts tiger sharks from the deeper waters surrounding the Beqa Lagoon, adding to the already abundant shark presence. Our dive site is located closer to the edge of the Lagoon and we have a much higher rate of experiencing Tiger Shark encounters than other operators in the area. This dive will forever alter your perception of these incredible creatures.
Your Fiji shark dive with Coral Coast Divers promises a safe, educational, and unforgettable experience, where you'll witness the majesty of sharks in their natural habitat and contribute to vital conservation efforts in the Beqa Lagoon. We aim to return to the Dive shop between 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM to conclude this exceptional diving adventure.
A Triumph in Fijian Shark Conservation
Since its inception, Coral Coast Divers has been at the forefront of conservation efforts in Beqa Lagoon, Fiji, using shark diving as a catalyst for positive change. This area, once a struggling and near-lifeless reef, has now flourished into a thriving marine ecosystem through dedication to responsible ecotourism and stringent protection measures.
A Glimpse into the Past: 25 Years of Transformation
Around 25 years ago, the Beqa Lagoon reef faced significant challenges, its once-vibrant marine life dwindling due to overfishing and destructive practices. Recognizing the urgent need for change, other dive operators in the area pioneered shark diving, setting the wheels in motion for an incredible transformation.
Shark Diving as a Conservation Tool
Shark diving, practiced responsibly, emerged as a key tool for conservation. By offering exhilarating shark diving experiences, we redirected tourism towards sustainable practices, making guests partners in conservation. By transforming this location into an eco-tourism hub, we attracted visitors who could appreciate the ecological value of protecting these waters.
From Desolation to Abundance: The Reef's Remarkable Rebirth
Through concerted efforts and a commitment to conservation, the reefs around Beqa Lagoon have undergone a remarkable rejuvenation. Previously almost lifeless, the reef now teems with approximately 300 different species of fish and showcases a diverse array of healthy coral. With generally 8 different shark species seen on any given dive, the reef has become a testament to the potential for ecological recovery.
Educational Initiatives: Fostering Understanding and Support
At Coral Coast Divers, we believe in the power of education. We strive to raise awareness about shark behavior, the importance of shark conservation, and the interconnectedness of marine life. Through our informative sessions, guests gain insights into the vital role sharks play in maintaining marine ecosystems and why their conservation is paramount.
Community Programs: Empowering Locals for a Sustainable Future
Our dedication extends beyond marine life to the people of nearby villages and local communities. We are deeply involved in community programs aimed at empowering locals, supporting sustainable livelihoods, and fostering a deeper connection to the environment. By involving the community in our conservation efforts, we ensure a shared responsibility for the protection of these vital waters.
A Vision for Sustainable Seas
The success story of Beqa Lagoon is a testament to the transformative power of responsible tourism and conservation. Coral Coast Divers remains committed to preserving and enhancing this thriving marine sanctuary. Together with our guests and the local community, we envision a future where sustainable practices and responsible tourism lead the way to ensure the seas and its inhabitants continue to flourish for generations to come.
Fiji Shark Dive Eligibility
At Coral Coast Divers, we welcome a diverse range of diving enthusiasts, making our dive accessible to anyone holding an open water certification. Whether you're a seasoned diver or a junior open water diver, our extraordinary dive experience at "The Colosseum" awaits you. What sets our dive apart is its depth of just 60 feet, providing a unique opportunity for divers of various experience levels to explore the captivating underwater world in a safe and controlled environment.
Dive Expertise and Personalized Attention
One of our key priorities is ensuring the safety and satisfaction of our guests. With a notably low ratio of between 2-4 customers to each staff member, we guarantee an exceptionally personalized and attentive experience. This close supervision allows our team to focus intently on our guests throughout the dive, providing guidance, assistance, and ensuring adherence to safety protocols at every stage. Your well-being and enjoyment are at the forefront of our operations, and we're dedicated to making your dive an unforgettable adventure.
Safety First: A Pillar of Our Service
At Coral Coast Divers, safety is paramount. We uphold stringent safety standards, and our team of experienced professionals is well-versed in emergency procedures and ensuring a secure diving environment. Prioritizing safety is non-negotiable, and we go to great lengths to educate our guests on best practices, emergency protocols, and the importance of responsible diving behavior. Our commitment to safety extends to every aspect of your dive, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the incredible underwater experience with confidence and peace of mind.
Join us at Coral Coast Divers for an exceptional diving adventure, tailored to provide a safe and thrilling experience for divers of all levels of expertise. Your safety, comfort, and enjoyment are our top priorities as we invite you to explore the wonders of "The Colosseum" and the fascinating marine life it hosts.
Shark Species Seen On Our Fiji Shark Dive
- Bull Sharks: Bull sharks, the main attraction at our dive site, are known for their powerful presence and are often seen in significant numbers during dives. Recognizable by their robust build and blunt snout, these apex predators exude a captivating and formidable aura in the underwater realm.
- Tiger Sharks: The tiger shark, a regular visitor to our dive site, showcases impressive size and distinctive vertical stripes resembling a tiger's pattern. Known for their voracious appetite and wide-ranging diet, encounters with these magnificent creatures are awe-inspiring and unforgettable.
- Tawny Nurse Sharks: Tawny nurse sharks, with their sandy-colored complexion and serene demeanor, add a touch of grace to the dive. Often found resting on the ocean floor, these nocturnal sharks are characterized by their barbels and are a delight to observe.
- Sicklefin Lemon Sharks: Sicklefin lemon sharks, recognizable by their slender body and sickle-shaped dorsal fins, embody elegance as they glide through the water. Their gentle nature makes them a favorite among divers, providing an opportunity for up-close encounters.
- Black Tip Reef Sharks: The black tip reef shark, with its distinct black-tipped fins, epitomizes the beauty of reef-dwelling sharks. Agile and curious, they elegantly patrol the reefs, showcasing their captivating presence to divers.
- White Tip Reef Sharks: White tip reef sharks, easily recognizable by their white-tipped dorsal and caudal fins, bring a sense of serenity to the underwater world. These reef-associated sharks often rest in caves or crevices during the day and venture out at night in search of prey.
- Grey Reef Sharks: Grey reef sharks, with their sleek, greyish appearance and white fin margins, exude an aura of speed and agility. Typically found in coral reefs, these sharks are known for their curious nature and playful interactions with divers.
- Silvertip Sharks: Silvertip sharks, named for the striking silver tips on their fins, add a touch of brilliance to the underwater landscape. Their streamlined bodies and inquisitive behavior make encountering them a captivating and unforgettable experience.
Fiji Shark Dive Cost and Fees
Embarking on an extraordinary diving adventure with Coral Coast Divers for the Fiji Shark Dive is a journey worth every penny. Here's a breakdown of the cost and associated fees:
Shark Dive Cost:
- 415 FJD (Fijian Dollars) or approximately $185 USD for a thrilling 2-tank dive.
- Marine Park Fee: A fee of 25 FJD (Fijian Dollars), payable in cash on the day of the dive. This fee is dedicated to supporting the marine park, the local village, and conservation efforts, ensuring the sustainability of this pristine marine sanctuary.
- Fuel Surcharge: There's a nominal 20 FJD (Fijian Dollars) or approximately $10 USD fuel surcharge.
- Gear Rental: 50 FJD per day for full rental gear or 25 FJD per individual rental item.
Total Cost for a 2-Tank Dive:
- Dive Cost: 415 FJD or approximately 185 USD
- Marine Park Fee: 25 FJD (payable in cash on the day of the dive)
- Fuel Surcharge: 20 FJD or approximately 10 USD
Total: 460 FJD or approximately $205 USD + Rental Gear if required.
Investing in this diving experience not only guarantees an encounter with the awe-inspiring sharks but also supports local conservation efforts and responsible eco-tourism practices. It's an opportunity to make memories and make a positive impact on the environment and the local community. Dive into the adventure and contribute to the sustainability of Fiji's marine treasures!
Seasonal Considerations for Shark Diving in Fiji
Fiji's diverse seasonal climate offers distinct advantages for shark diving enthusiasts throughout the year, each with its own unique experiences. Here's a breakdown of the seasons and the considerations to make for an optimal diving adventure:
1. Summer Months (November to April): Warm Waters and Vibrant Marine Life
Fiji's summer months bring warmer water temperatures ranging from 29°C to 34°C (84°F to 93°F). These balmy waters provide a comfortable environment for diving, encouraging longer and more enjoyable dives. The seas are generally calmer during this period, promoting excellent visibility and enhancing the overall diving experience. Dive into a world teeming with vibrant marine life and experience the beauty of Fiji's underwater realm during the summer.
2. Winter Months (May to October): Increased Shark Activity and Cooler Waters
Fiji's winter months witness a greater concentration of shark activity, offering a heightened opportunity to encounter various shark species. Although the water temperatures can dip as low as 20°C (68°F), the presence of these magnificent creatures compensates for the cooler waters. To ensure a comfortable dive during this period, we recommend wearing a 3mm wetsuit, with some divers opting for a 5mm suit for added warmth. The colder waters of winter do not deter the avid diver, as the spectacle of interacting with sharks surpasses the cooler temperatures.
Whatever the season, Coral Coast Divers is committed to providing a safe, enriching, and memorable shark diving experience. Whether you're a warm-water enthusiast or don't mind the chill, our expert team is here to guide you through an adventure that celebrates the wonders of Fiji's ocean life. Plan your visit accordingly to maximize your encounter with these incredible marine creatures.
Discover "The Colosseum"
A Shark Diver's Paradise
Location: Beqa Lagoon, Fiji
Nestled within the azure embrace of Beqa Lagoon, "The Colosseum" stands as a testament to the resplendent beauty of Fiji's underwater world. This extraordinary dive site, aptly named for its awe-inspiring grandeur and vibrant marine theater, offers divers an unforgettable experience in the heart of the South Pacific.
Sublime Depths and Enchanting Topography
Dive into the cerulean depths of "The Colosseum," a submerged amphitheater of wonder. Descending to depths ranging from 18 to 20 meters, the site's unique topography captivates divers as they kneel along the wall, offering an unparalleled front-row view of the aquatic spectacle that unfolds before them.
Sharks in Their Natural Habitat
"The Colosseum" is famed for its captivating array of sharks. Witness the majesty of these apex predators as they gracefully glide through the pristine waters. Bull sharks, tiger sharks, tawny nurse sharks, and more converge here, showcasing a breathtaking display of their presence in their natural habitat.
An Ecosystem Reborn: Thriving Reefs and Abundant Marine Life
Once a struggling and near-lifeless reef, "The Colosseum" has witnessed a miraculous transformation. Today, it stands as a thriving ecosystem, teeming with an impressive variety of marine life. Approximately 300 different species of fish call this reef home, and the coral formations have rebounded, adding a vibrant tapestry to the underwater landscape.
A Conservation Triumph
"The Colosseum" is a living testament to the power of conservation efforts and responsible tourism. Coral Coast Divers spearheaded the conservation of this area, transforming it into a sanctuary by promoting eco-friendly practices and implementing strict protection measures. The results are striking—the reef has not only recovered but thrives, emphasizing the potential for environmental revival when conservation becomes a priority.
Embark on an Adventure of a Lifetime
Diving at "The Colosseum" is an invitation to immerse yourself in the marvels of the ocean's depths. Here, you become part of an exclusive audience witnessing the natural drama of the underwater world. Coral Coast Divers proudly extends this invitation to divers of all levels, inviting you to experience the grandeur and wonder that is "The Colosseum." Dive with us and create memories that will forever echo the splendor of the South Pacific's aquatic paradise.